Attorney Ross Nott
Areas of Practice Emphasis:
- Personal Injury Claims including Auto Accidents, Slip/Trip and Falls &
- Sexual Assaults
- Wrongful Death
- Employment & Sexual Harassment Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Fire/Life Safety Property & Injury Litigation
These representative matters are disclosed to share some of my experiences
with you. However, please keep in mind that the facts are never exactly
the same in any two cases, and each case is as unique as the individuals
who are the parties to a lawsuit, the type of incident and circumstances
of the loss and injury. The results in any case will vary accordingly
and these past cases are not a guarantee regarding the outcome of your case.
Healy v. MCI/Worldcom – representation of executive in federal court whistleblower fraud
trial recovering more than $3,000,000 in unpaid stock options, deferred
income, general/punitive damages and attorney’s fees.
Doe Plaintiff v. Doe Defendant – representation of paraplegic who sustained femur fracture when
he was ejected from his wheelchair while attempting to utilize a ramp
that did not comply with ADA slope, curbing or surface requirements. Case
settled prior to trial for more than $1,000,000.
Wilson v. Swaim-Hunt – jury trial verdict in excess of $55,000 for rear end motor vehicle
accident causing 8 month flare up of preexisting low back pain.
Estate of Doe v. Doe Skilled Nursing Facility - Plaintiff Decedent was a patient at a Northern California skilled nursing
facility for post-stroke rehabilitation. While there for less than 8 weeks,
he succumbed to dehydration and urosepsis due to improper nutrition and
hydration monitoring, and failure of staff to obtain necessary medical
care once infection was reasonably evident. Case settled after opening
statements for more than $1,000,000.
Doe Plaintiff v. Estate of Doe Defendant/UIM Carrier – representation of client in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder case
arising from Doe Defendant’s attempted assault on Plaintiff’s
home with his car. Plaintiff was forced to shoot Doe Defendant. Case settled
for Doe Defendant’s insurance policy limits as well as Plaintiff’s
Under Insured Motorist limits.
Rick Doe v. Doe Defendant – representation of whistleblower who was retaliated against by
his employer after he complained about improper business practices. Case
settled for confidential sum after conclusion of binding arbitration,
but before arbitration award was issued.
Berg v. Doe Delivery Company – settlement in excess of $400,000 for injury to neck caused by
motor vehicle accident.
- California State Bar (1994)
- Nevada State Bar (2014)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D. 1994)
- University of California, Davis (B.A. 1992)
Membership & Recognitions:
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- El Dorado County Superior Court, Dispute Resolution Conference Judge
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated
- 2005 Northern California Super Lawyer
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, National Association of Distinguished Counsel (Nation’s Top
Stay Connected with Ross Nott, Attorney at Law!
For the latest firm news and important personal injury law information,
I encourage you to check out my firm on these websites: