These representative matters are disclosed to share some of my experiences with you. However, please keep in mind that the facts are never exactly the same in any two cases, and each case is as unique as the individuals who are the parties to a lawsuit, the type of incident and circumstances of the loss and injury. The results, in any case, will vary accordingly and these past cases are not a guarantee regarding the outcome of your case.
- Healy v. MCI/Worldcom – representation of executive in federal court whistleblower fraud trial recovering more than $3,000,000 in unpaid stock options, deferred income, general/punitive damages and attorney’s fees.
- Doe Plaintiff v. Doe Defendant – representation of paraplegic who sustained femur fracture when he was ejected from his wheelchair while attempting to utilize a ramp that did not comply with ADA slope, curbing or surface requirements. Case settled prior to trial for more than $1,000,000.
- Wilson v. Swaim-Hunt – jury trial verdict in excess of $55,000 for rear end motor vehicle accident causing 8 month flare up of preexisting low back pain.
- Estate of Doe v. Doe Skilled Nursing Facility - Plaintiff Decedent was a patient at a Northern California skilled nursing facility for post-stroke rehabilitation. While there for less than 8 weeks, he succumbed to dehydration and urosepsis due to improper nutrition and hydration monitoring, and failure of staff to obtain necessary medical care once infection was reasonably evident. Case settled after opening statements for more than $1,000,000.
- Doe Plaintiff v. Estate of Doe Defendant/UIM Carrier – representation of client in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder case arising from Doe Defendant’s attempted assault on Plaintiff’s home with his car. Plaintiff was forced to shoot Doe Defendant. Case settled for Doe Defendant’s insurance policy limits as well as Plaintiff’s Under Insured Motorist limits.
- Rick Doe v. Doe Defendant – representation of whistleblower who was retaliated against by his employer after he complained about improper business practices. Case settled for confidential sum after conclusion of binding arbitration, but before arbitration award was issued.
- Berg v. Doe Delivery Company – settlement in excess of $400,000 for injury to neck caused by motor vehicle accident.
- California State Bar (1994)
- Nevada State Bar (2014)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D. 1994)
- University of California, Davis (B.A. 1992)
Membership & Recognitions:
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- El Dorado County Superior Court, Dispute Resolution Conference Judge
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated
- 2005 Northern California Super Lawyer
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, National Association of Distinguished Counsel (Nation’s Top One Percent)